Warning: NexusBytes Deadpool Imminent, MOVE YOUR DATA

Comments

• bdlbdl OG
    edited January 2023

@MichaelCee said:
    I just double checked and there was some PII mis-matched for the domain I disputed, so I have fixed that and resent an email to NameSilo. Fingers crossed

As you saw from LET, the system worked for me :) Took about 24 hours at each step of the dispute process - hope you get megahugenotsmolweb.net back :)

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee Abdullah
  • @bdl said:

@MichaelCee said:
    I just double checked and there was some PII mis-matched for the domain I disputed, so I have fixed that and resent an email to NameSilo. Fingers crossed

As you saw from LET, the system worked for me :) Took about 24 hours at each step of the dispute process - hope you get megahugenotsmolweb.net back :)

Did not work for megahugedong.me

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:

@bdl said:

@MichaelCee said:

Did not work for megahugedong.me

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/413

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Now that I think about it, did too many people pay with push-ups? Blame @yoursunny

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • @MichaelCee said:
    Now that I think about it, did too many people pay with push-ups? Blame @yoursunny

NexusBytes has two push-up offers:

• 269 push-ups, 26.9% off coupon, 25 uses
    • 1000 push-ups in 24 hours, 200% off coupon, 1 use

There isn't a direct push-up payment method.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

1000 push-ups in 24 hours, 200% off coupon, 1 use

I remember this one, I was going to give it a go to power SmallWeb for free.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • HostarisHostaris Hosting Provider

What a shame - always used these guys for my backups

NameSilo just approved my domain transfer :smile:

• @MichaelCee said:

Would this be for a domain you did not own anymore?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited January 2023

@MichaelCee said:

@AuroraZero said:

@MichaelCee said:

This is the question everyone is asking themselves, I assume.

• @Ympker said:

@MichaelCee said:

@AuroraZero said:

@MichaelCee said:

Hey figured I would go ahead and ask. Yeti's are supposed to ask the tough questions.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

@AuroraZero said:

@Ympker said:

@MichaelCee said:

@AuroraZero said:

@MichaelCee said:

Hey figured I would go ahead and ask. Yeti's are supposed to ask the tough questions.

Yeti's gotta do things, only Yeti can do.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Ympker said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Ympker said:

@MichaelCee said:

@AuroraZero said:

@MichaelCee said:

Yeti's gotta do things, only Yeti can do.

Yeti's getting the dirt on things and challenging sexuality for centuries.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• edited January 2023

@MichaelCee said:

I wonder why you selled smallweb, but still in hosting business with new company?
    You could run it successfully, but meh...

• @ascicode said: selled

LOL. Sold!

Thanked by (1)_MS_

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

edited January 2023

@AuroraZero said:

@MichaelCee said:

No, because I do not own that domain anymore, duh! Can’t just steal domains off people, even if they are MIA!😂

• @MichaelCee said:

@AuroraZero said:

@MichaelCee said:

No, because I do not own that domain anymore, duh! Can’t just steal domains off people, even if they are MIA!😂

I was going to ask you how you pulled that one off. We be making some money off just selling the instructions. :lol:

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Maybe it’s not impossible.. probably illegal tho. And would only work assuming no WHOIS info changed upon acquisition.

Just shower thoughts

• @MichaelCee said:
    Maybe it’s not impossible.. probably illegal tho. And would only work assuming no WHOIS info changed upon acquisition.

Just shower thoughts

Who is should have changed when the push or transfer happens.

Oh it definitely is illegal, that much I know

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2023

There was that one pesky site that did not migrate in time, and the Uptime Robot alert got missed because I was travelling.

You guessed it- that was wife's art gallery site.

Since her first question was "How are you feeling this morning" (been under the weather this weekend),
    have no choice other than re creating her site as First Order of Business...Thank goodness for backups

Too late to say "I knew it"

Squats are the new Push-ups

@vyas said:
    There was that one pesky site that did not migrate in time, and the Uptime Robot alert got missed because I was travelling.

Since her first question was "How are you feeling this morning" (been under the weather this weekend),
    have no choice other than re creating her site as First Order of Business...Thank goodness for backups

Check if there is a record on archive.org . That way you might at least be able to re-create some things. I messed up once. I was lucky my site had been saved there once.

Thanked by (2)vyas MichaelCee
    edited January 2023

@ascicode said: I wonder why you selled smallweb, but still in hosting business with new company?

To be pedantic, I don't have or own any company.

On the other side of the coin, I don't sell £1/year hosting any more :smiley: My main trade is B2B.

@Ympker said:

@vyas said:

Check if there is a record on archive.org . That way you might at least be able to re-create some things. I messed up once. I was lucky my site had been saved there once.

And for future reference.. archive your sites as an additional recovery method?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@MichaelCee said:

@Ympker said:

@vyas said:

And for future reference.. archive your sites as an additional recovery method?

10/10 can recommend

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • edited January 2023

@vyas I can sympathise. @MichaelCee got a new (email) order today, from my slightly distraught missus. ;)
    [Edit] I'm likely to follow suit soon, though hopefully in not quite such a dramatic fashion!

Thanked by (2)vyas MichaelCee

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

I've asked for a legal opinion with this specific wording:

"My reseller is silently abandoning their business but they are currently in good standing with me. They are simply MIA, not responding to anyone, letting vital parts of their company expire as their credit cards expire. I don't want their customers, that they sold my services to, to suffer. Is it an insane thought, legally, to reach out to their customers and attempt to ensure their service continues?"

In regards to resold MXroute services. I don't think this is a strictly black and white subject, and I think that a lot of variables can impact it, but I also think it's a decent idea to get a legal opinion on a rough outline of the scenario. Hopefully that'll help me to think more about the possibilities and options I have for making sure everyone there remains fine. I'll keep you guys posted, transparency always.

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• I've been wondering if more stuff will go down on Wednesday (or soon after) as start-of-month payments are missed.

• bdlbdl OG
    edited January 2023

@MichaelCee said:

@ascicode said: I wonder why you selled smallweb, but still in hosting business with new company?

To be pedantic, I don't have or own any company.

On the other side of the coin, I don't sell £1/year hosting any more :smiley: My main trade is B2B.

Is the first or second "B" for "Boobies", MichaelBee?

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • @jarland said:
    I've asked for a legal opinion with this specific wording:

"My reseller is silently abandoning their business but they are currently in good standing with me. They are simply MIA, not responding to anyone, letting vital parts of their company expire as their credit cards expire. I don't want their customers, that they sold my services to, to suffer. Is it an insane thought, legally, to reach out to their customers and attempt to ensure their service continues?"

In regards to resold MXroute services. I don't think this is a strictly black and white subject, and I think that a lot of variables can impact it, but I also think it's a decent idea to get a legal opinion on a rough outline of the scenario. Hopefully that'll help me to think more about the possibilities and options I have for making sure everyone there remains fine. I'll keep you guys posted, transparency always.

Legality aside, there's two sides of the internet witch hunt! It's damaging to your brand if you dont act, because you dont care! and You're a big nasty poacher that steals customers if you do!

Personally and my approach would be to continue their service AFTER payments cease and offer them a migration path direct or a couple of resellers! - Just my thoughts! Fair play to you for actually considering it though, this is why Mx is such a highly valued brand

Thanked by (1)jarland
  • bdlbdl OG
    edited January 2023

@chris said:
    Legality aside, there's two sides of the internet witch hunt! It's damaging to your brand if you dont act, because you dont care! and > You're a big nasty poacher that steals customers if you do!

If mxroute is resold to another provider though, is it really damaging to the mxroute brand if that other provide goes under? there's no way @jarland could have foreseen nb going under nor does he have any obligation to nb's customer base. If customers want the legendary mxroute support they can buy direct :)

Thanked by (1)jarland