[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @yetopen said:
    This year's rule change is even more so.

Haven't started cracking down on it yet.

• @VirMach said:

Information is helpful, we may offer you something in return if it leads to finding someone not already flagged. Looking into it now.

Dang. Love the states evidence plot.
    The drama is just getting more and more interesting =)

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

Something else I'm doing to crack down on unauthorized resale of entire accounts: if you have clusters of accounts that recently were logged into around the same time and it also has deals that are frequently resold, you may either be contacted or immediately suspended with reason "multiple accounts - recent" or "multiple accounts - recent. contact us to merge" where you can create a ticket on one account then a matching ticket on others listing all accounts and all accounts matched get merged. We'll ask you if you have any other accounts not yet caught and final chance to let them be known, and they'll all get clustered together and multi-account issue cleared. This will all be explained to anyone affected as well, you don't have to come here to read this.

Because that way they'd then have to sell entire accounts with all services together or actually use the official transfer feature so we can do it properly at least since these scalpers like having a bunch of different accounts with one or a couple services each. Even if you're not intending to resell at least it makes it easier to manage as originally intended so we can properly keep track of chargebacks, abuse, and so on.

Note: this isn't anything new. But apparently with all the drama it's best that I state it.

(edit) Barely any of these were done, just the ones sticking out. Maybe like 5 sets total and these aren't permanent suspensions unless other bigger issues found.

Thanked by (2)theloafingone risturiz
  • Now who’s gonna be the mole =)
    Cant wait for another sting operation.

@foitin said:
    Now who’s gonna be the mole =)

Unfortunately all the linked accounts were already caught before his appeal where he finally admitted it but I'll still try to be lenient for him even though he literally waited until the last minute and just wasted everyone's time instead.

edited October 2022

Load levels have improved tremendously for most servers after these small rounds of handling all these, more than all other efforts combined it seems. Less than 0.5-1% of all services were affected by the way.

Also outside of like FFME004 the other day with another issue and LAXA014 ongoing, no other server crashes for a while.

(edit) 0.5-1% of services aka 0.25-0.5% of customers: VirMach is doing this for 0.05-0.1% increased revenue (somehow)

Thanked by (1)someTom
  • @VirMach how many angry PMs do you receive per day on average?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ

Team push-ups!

• @VirMach said:

@foitin said:
    Now who’s gonna be the mole =)

Unfortunately all the linked accounts were already caught before his appeal where he finally admitted it but I'll still try to be lenient for him even though he literally waited until the last minute and just wasted everyone's time instead.

I continue to be amazed at how patient and polite you've managed to be through all of this. Don't think I have the temperament to be a hoster!

@Astro said:
    @VirMach how many angry PMs do you receive per day on average?

It's mostly tickets but the trick is that I don't really check PMs unless I tell people to PM me, I do glance them over once in a while or if I'm having conversations with people that have been vetted as intelligent in one way or another but even then I do a terrible job at responding if I'm busy.

On an interesting note, we had a large number of orders today. I guess it goes along the lines of "all publicity is good publicity."

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • @VirMach said:

@Astro said:
    @VirMach how many angry PMs do you receive per day on average?

It's mostly tickets but the trick is that I don't really check PMs unless I tell people to PM me, I do glance them over once in a while or if I'm having conversations with people that have been vetted as intelligent in one way or another but even then I do a terrible job at responding if I'm busy.

On an interesting note, we had a large number of orders today. I guess it goes along the lines of "all publicity is good publicity."

How do I get in on the special plans at this point of time?

Team push-ups!

edited October 2022

How-to guide for purchasing something similar to $8.88 Tokyo special while supplies last:

1. Go to https://virmach.com/amd-ryzen-kvm-vps-with-nvme-ssd/
    2. Click "Deploy" on 384MB package (yes, it only has 500GB @ 500Mbps but 99% of people will be unaffected for their use case.)
    3. Select annual for $15/Yr and $10 Tokyo setup (don't worry, we have a coupon)
    4. Use coupon code "WELCOME30" that has been around for... a very long time. $17.50 now and $10.50 recurring.

Over 5 years that is $59.50 and you won't be buying from a scalper but actually VirMach and don't have to worry. So that means for it to be worth it to buy $8.88 from scalper (assuming there is no risk which is untrue, I still wouldn't recommend it if it's cheaper) then you'd have to get one with maybe 6 months remaining ($4.44 value) and over 5 years before paying scalper, that's 39.96 so it means scalper should be charging $20 or less for it to be similar price and even then, let's say they charge only $5 that's still $45 vs $60 and a lot more risk over $15.

(edit) it says half a core but you still get 1 core same as special, and your actual usage level for CPU permitted will be similar to the special and most people will be fine running a VPN or anything like that on both.

I feel like we've done a pretty good job at letting people get what they want at least in that realm... while supplies last, and we're working ton making sure the supply lasts.

• @VirMach said: How to guide for purchasing something similar to $8.88 Tokyo special while supplies last:

What is the IOPS limit of NVME?
    Still 80 IOPS in AUP?

edited October 2022

@abiaolaoge said:

@VirMach said: How to guide for purchasing something similar to $8.88 Tokyo special while supplies last:

What is the IOPS limit of NVME?
    Still 80 IOPS in AUP?

Limits have not been made uniform/finalized yet. I think if you're under 3000 you're fine right now as long as it's not 24x7.

This is unofficial. We may consider modifying AUP but we might just create a page that describes where we're willing to be more lenient than AUP. We most likely need AUP to remain similar unless we do a major overhaul of a lot of the sections and I'm already paying lawyers enough to do other things right now, sorry.

Thanked by (1)abiaolaoge
    edited October 2022

Also you guys who are affected it's very important to tell me the truth about everything. Is anyone aware of a Tokyo migration service, third party app/bot?

Looks like 13 accounts flagged are involved in this, or at least 13 accounts (not the same as the "13" accounts I mentioned before, this is new. Seems like the number 13 comes up a lot, maybe the developer uses the same IP and shuffles every 13 times, I don't know it's just a wild guess or coincidence. I don't know if they're also involved in the payment or not.) Where their account may be clean for the most part and then randomly for Tokyo migration they all have the same IP, maybe to take advantage or automate an exploit (or whatever you want to call it.)

• Hi, please check ticket #913410.

Update on Phoenix: we haven't forgotten but it looks like INAP is keeping the contract/not kicking anyone out until November 15th or so, and likelihood of it going to another DC in Phoenix. No news on the blend but I'd imagine it most likely would not get "better" than INAP. It'll most likely be in Digital Realty, which does appear to have Internap listed under networks so it could be the same blend I assume. Also has Cogent and GTT listed on the peers as well as DE-CIX.

Thanked by (1)lemoncube
    edited October 2022

@yot said:
    Hi, please check ticket #913410.

From ticket:

If you think I have another services or accounts, you can ** Suspended** them!

I didn't even make it down your list of activity yet and the first IP you're using to create the ticket is literally the same as the one that signed up for an account today, within 14 minutes of creating your ticket.

Your suspension occurred before this so whatever but... what? What's your plan here?

Also read the post right above yours.

• @VirMach said:

@yot said:

From ticket:

I didn't even make it down your list of activity yet and the first IP you're using to create the ticket is literally the same as the one that signed up for an account today, within 14 minutes of creating your ticket.

Your suspension occurred before this so whatever but... what? What's your plan here?

I thought I needed to create a new account to create a ticket. :'(

• @yot said:

@VirMach said:

@yot said:

From ticket:

in this ticket I provide all about this order's alipay Transaction flow & email screenshots

@yot said:

@yot said:

@VirMach said:

@yot said:

From ticket:

in this ticket I provide all about this order's alipay Transaction flow & email screenshots

Read the post above your first post. It's related.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said:
    How-to guide for purchasing something similar to $8.88 Tokyo special while supplies last:

2. Click "Deploy" on 384MB package (yes, it only has 500GB @ 500Mbps but 99% of people will be unaffected for their use case.)
    4. Use coupon code "WELCOME30" that has been around for... a very long time. $17.50 now and $10.50 recurring.

Over 5 years that is $59.50 and you won't be buying from a scalper but actually VirMach and don't have to worry. So that means for it to be worth it to buy $8.88 from scalper (assuming there is no risk which is untrue, I still wouldn't recommend it if it's cheaper) then you'd have to get one with maybe 6 months remaining ($4.44 value) and over 5 years before paying scalper, that's 39.96 so it means scalper should be charging $20 or less for it to be similar price and even then, let's say they charge only $5 that's still $45 vs $60 and a lot more risk over $15.

(edit) it says half a core but you still get 1 core same as special, and your actual usage level for CPU permitted will be similar to the special and most people will be fine running a VPN or anything like that on both.

I feel like we've done a pretty good job at letting people get what they want at least in that realm... while supplies last, and we're working ton making sure the supply lasts.

Will we get it for 7 buck recurring of 1 core 512MB mem 15GB disk on BF like the old days?

Using BF special as reverse proxy is cheaper than additional IP despite bandwidth limit

smartass shitposting satirist

• @VirMach said:

@yot said:

@yot said:

@VirMach said:

@yot said:

From ticket:

hey, I don't fully understand, but you can check the migration time to JP. It was a long time ago.

• @VirMach said:

This sound goods. I have placed an order using in house credit (which is refunded from a terminated server), but it's pending manual review in the ticket #215138. Do I need to submit anything for authorization?

• @VirMach said:

Dope! Is it provisioned quickly? Don't want to be another 'nag' on the list

Team push-ups!

• This thread's just crazy long, so I haven't read it all, so sorry if already answered ...

@VirMach said: Also outside of like FFME004 the other day with another issue and LAXA014 ongoing, no other server crashes for a while.

All I experienced on FFME004 was 43 minutes of downtime for my VPS. Should I/we expect more, or should it be stable again? :)

• @flips said:
    All I experienced on FFME004 was 43 minutes of downtime for my VPS. Should I/we expect more, or should it be stable again? :)

It has been stable besides the other day I think. Though now that you asked, it will probably explode.. :P

Thanked by (1)flips
  • @VirMach said:

@yot said:

@yot said:

@VirMach said:

@yot said:

From ticket:

plz check my ticket, thank you.
    [img]https://p1.meituan.net/dpplatform/5ddf0e010eea7020295eda9dcd4505a9502024.png[/img]

🌟:SpartanHost,Cloudcone,Hostodo,WebHorizon
    💩:Virmach,Greencloud,Pacificrack really sucks

• @Franzkafka said:

@VirMach said:

@yot said:

@yot said:

@VirMach said:

@yot said:

From ticket:

[img]https://p1.meituan.net/dpplatform/5ddf0e010eea7020295eda9dcd4505a9502024.png[/img]

• @Franzkafka said:

@Franzkafka said:

@VirMach said:

@yot said:

@yot said:

@VirMach said:

@yot said:

From ticket:

@VirMach May be my last ticket.so please don't ignore it.

• @Franzkafka said: plz check my ticket, thank you.

We thought you left already.

This discussion has been closed.