[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Based on your previous comments my new guess is that you were just involved in account resales or whatever else it was meant to address and the other thing I said is a coincidence unrelated to you.

@infplus update: lots of these overlap with previous wave of suspensions which makes sense is the majority of the carelessness when it comes to signing up for multiple accounts and abusing is related to infplus.

Lots of accounts have flags and notes like this already:

NOT ELIGIBLE FOR E-MAIL CHANGE. Ignores our restrictions/buttons, expects free premium support, brings up our terms and acts like a .
    Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman
    edited October 2022

No suspension appeal for those flagged as infplus unless is super compelling and potential mistake. This will allow us to be more lenient for the rest and waive $25 fee (since it's automatically way easier to do it since it doesn't involve a bunch of screw-ups that look like the account has been hacked several times over, and so on.)

• @VirMach said: It's unrelated to that specific thing I said now that I know you said you did it in July.

I'm not sure if it's relevant. But after I asked you about it, you said I was multiple accounts as well as potential Tokyo forced migration.No point in wasting money.
    So now you're going to overturn the reasons you gave me before?
    Can you tell me your new reason for this suspended VPS?
    Wondering if it's a coincidence.

@infplus has also been related to another abuse of ordering a random hidden test package and then also migrating it. You could maybe defend it by saying it was not known and allowed to be ordered but it's just adding on to the shady behavior of even scanning our system for additional hidden packages in the first place.

We noticed these a while back and already handled most of them, apparently I missed one though.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: It's unrelated to that specific thing I said now that I know you said you did it in July.

I'm not sure if it's relevant. But after I asked you about it, you said I was multiple accounts as well as potential Tokyo forced migration.No point in wasting money.
    So now you're going to overturn the reasons you gave me before?
    Can you tell me your new reason for this suspended VPS?
    Wondering if it's a coincidence.

What this all means is that you just have to wait until we get to your appeal like the others.

• @VirMach said: What this all means is that you just have to wait until we get to your appeal like the others.

Apparently, my VPS shows cannot appeal.

edited October 2022

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: What this all means is that you just have to wait until we get to your appeal like the others.

Apparently, my VPS shows cannot appeal.

They'll all show that, you can contact us once in a ticket and you have a ticket ID right? So it means you already have done that otherwise if you haven't then you can try contacting us once.

Remember we're making exceptions here out of courtesy. Usually though you wouldn't appeal.

• edited October 2022

@foitin said: If you truly believe you're innocent, prove it in your ticket instead of here. No one that I know of including me has been suspended.

To be honest, I got one of those notification from VirMach a few weeks ago about service suspension.

Dear ******
    This is a notification that your service has now been suspended.
    The details of this suspension are below:
    Product/Service: STORAGE-2T
    Domain: *********-VM
    Amount: $120.00 USD
    Due Date: 09/15/2024
    Suspension Reason: Bandwidth Overusage
    Your service was suspended due to using up the bandwidth for this month

The server comes with 20TB/M and I had used less than 1TB in 10 days.
    Didn't worry me as I fiugered it was some kind of system error.

• @VirMach said: So it means you already have done that otherwise if you haven't then you can try contacting us once.

I'm replying now, or the previously Migration Request ticket.

Tticket #260728

@DanSummer said:

@foitin said: If you truly believe you're innocent, prove it in your ticket instead of here. No one that I know of including me has been suspended.

To be honest, I got one of those notification from VirMach a few weeks ago about service suspension.

Dear ******

Yeah might be error, definitely reach out to us to double check the amount. Priority ticket is OK to use in this case.

edited October 2022

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: So it means you already have done that otherwise if you haven't then you can try contacting us once.

I'm replying now, or the previously Migration Request ticket.

Tticket #260728

Don't reply to migration request, I closed that, make a new ticket.

It's not related to migration request.

If we do flash deals for Black Friday by the way it'll be on a thread here it won't be the automated script, that got abused to the max by these scalpers. We'll send out an announcement we've been planning that it'll be manual flash or flash with coupons shared here only on an exclusive thread. Of course scalpers can still come here too, but at least it'll be posted around the same time and less chance they'll be able to scrape it if we do it strategically.

• @VirMach said: make a new ticket.

I re-made the tickets.
    Tticket #223929

• FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said:
    If we do flash deals for Black Friday by the way it'll be on a thread here it won't be the automated script, that got abused to the max by these scalpers. We'll send out an announcement we've been planning that it'll be manual flash or flash with coupons shared here only on an exclusive thread. Of course scalpers can still come here too, but at least it'll be posted around the same time and less chance they'll be able to scrape it if we do it strategically.

As far as I like deals, I am rather concerned about the sustainability of VirMach.

What I would expect next is someone will build a bot to crawl LES to obtain the latest deals. As I have nearly full access on OGF, I can see this happening a lot on OGF that I have to manually block those aggressive crawlers since it slowed down Vanilla a lot.

edited October 2022

I can also confirm @infplus appears to be responsible in sniping the majority of the $8.88/8GB RAM deals in 2021 BF.

Maybe not majority but good amount at least. Which also means he's the same person we were tracking already last time. Full circle.

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

As far as I like deals, I am rather concerned about the sustainability of VirMach.

What I would expect next is someone will build a bot to crawl LES to obtain the latest deals. As I have nearly full access on OGF, I can see this happening a lot on OGF that I have to manually block those aggressive crawlers since it slowed down Vanilla a lot.

We already basically warned Mason and he said they should be able to handle it or something to that effect. Perhaps it'll end up being a terrible mistake but at least I wasn't going to just do that and then not warn him at all.

• FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said:
    We already basically warned Mason and he said they should be able to handle it or something to that effect. Perhaps it'll end up being a terrible mistake but at least I wasn't going to just do that and then not warn him at all.

Even at this point while you are commenting, I am aware of a few bots that are crawling your comments and forward to their Telegram channel in near real-time.

Anyway, good luck and looking forward to your BF show! Let me know if you need any help from me, I would try my best to help if it is within my capabilities.

There's one other pattern I'm going after which was most of @infplus accounts and manually going through those as well. It's a super obvious pattern and used in previous BF sniping/automation for account creations. I'll reveal the queries afterward but this is something we were looking into doing anyway since last BF.

I definitely remember someone else coming on OGF and claiming it was his and he just loved being a collector. His username was maybe something like AICDOWS and he'd always come around to basically let himself be known so it's not a surprise if they're the same person. He came around here before as well. I might be butchering his name but basically similar name pattern to that. He'd always come here or there to try to grab my attention and make sure I'm constantly reminded I need to deal with it. Several of the accounts have already overlapped.

• @VirMach said: Don't reply to migration request, I closed that, make a new ticket.

It's not related to migration request.

This ticket has been marked as "rejected" by a member of our staff.

Tticket #223929

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@VirMach said:
    I can also confirm @infplus appears to be responsible in sniping the majority of the $8.88/8GB RAM deals in 2021 BF.

Maybe not majority but good amount at least. Which also means he's the same person we were tracking already last time. Full circle.

@infplus what a cunt!

Thanked by (1)ahnlak

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Even at this point while you are commenting, I am aware of a few bots that are crawling your comments and forward to their Telegram channel in near real-time.

Anyway, good luck and looking forward to your BF show! Let me know if you need any help from me, I would try my best to help if it is within my capabilities.

oh is that right?

@infplus bloody cunt

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said:

@DanSummer said:

Dear ******

Yeah might be error, definitely reach out to us to double check the amount. Priority ticket is OK to use in this case.

It wasn't actually suspended, I logged in to the server few minutes after that and all was fine. It's been a month since that mail so I'm sure it was an error. I love my storage server.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-08-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed 26 Oct 2022 12:40:03 AM UTC

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 3 days, 7 hours, 16 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 3 @ 3799.946 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 1.8 TiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-131-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 77.75 MB/s   (19.4k) | 1.08 GB/s    (16.9k)
    Write      | 77.95 MB/s   (19.4k) | 1.09 GB/s    (17.0k)
    Total      | 155.71 MB/s  (38.9k) | 2.17 GB/s    (34.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 3.26 GB/s     (6.3k) | 5.35 GB/s     (5.2k)
    Write      | 3.43 GB/s     (6.7k) | 5.71 GB/s     (5.5k)
    Total      | 6.70 GB/s    (13.0k) | 11.06 GB/s   (10.8k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 733 Mbits/sec   | 633 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 753 Mbits/sec   | 595 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 702 Mbits/sec   | 846 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 750 Mbits/sec   | 367 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 858 Mbits/sec   | 2.76 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 789 Mbits/sec   | 1.27 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 793 Mbits/sec   | 747 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1080
    Multi Core      | 2765
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18214258

Thanked by (2)VirMach skorous
    edited October 2022

Okay so we've replied this to some of the abuse appeals, it means they're been found to have abuse cases linked to previous flagging(s) in the past in addition to most recent, and will take longer to investigate properly. For the others I'm proceeding for free.

Account is linked to several issues, not just recently. If you'd like us to investigate further we'd need to first bill you $25 fee as it will take a long time to look into, and it'll be refunded if you're found to not break ToS such as multi-account/using an account not originally yours and not linked to other abuse. We're waiving fee normally in this case so it's optional but I don't see this proceeding further otherwise since it's linked to a history of multiple abuse cases.

Others were immediately rejected if they had even more cases or linked directly to @infplus

Where data was requested, we offered to provide a backup for free.

The remaining 33~ appeals will be looked into for free (and we already handled others before.)

Thanked by (2)FAT32 AlwaysSkint

@DanSummer said:

@VirMach said:

@DanSummer said:

Dear ******

It wasn't actually suspended, I logged in to the server few minutes after that and all was fine. It's been a month since that mail so I'm sure it was an error. I love my storage server.

Ohhhh I see what happened then, you probably got automated bandwidth is running out message and we auto fixed it before it became an issue then. Okay cool.

@cybertech said:

@VirMach said:

@infplus what a cunt!

Honestly I'm glad it ended up this way because it just means for the most part he's the one who is affected and since he wasn't interested in actually reducing all the harm he directly caused it's still less messy and soon people will find out maybe not to do business with him, but it also seems like he has multiple identities so it may be difficult for people to figure out which specific scalper they're dealing with I guess.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@DanSummer - nice yabs, is that storage VM in the NYC location ?

Thanked by (1)DanSummer

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach said: Okay so we've replied this to some of the abuse appeals,

How do I need to open the ticket? It all shows rejected. What do I need to provide?

edited October 2022

This has been offered to anyone remaining who has a service type that can easily be re-generated:

Hello, we've investigated this further and in this case, we can offer the following resolution:

* $25 suspension fee waived
    * Service regenerated in closest location with no setup fee (if it's in Tokyo, it'll be Los Angeles) on a new account
    * Remaining duration of service added for free to the new service.
    * Current service on this account terminated  immediately.

Register for a new account and provide email here if you are interested in proceeding. Do not use the same IP to register the other account or same email. Name/address can be same, no problem. 

If you do not want to take the above offer, let me know and we'll continue investigating instead, but it will not be offered again once rejected. Keep in mind the above offer means you must make a payment for the same price/term for 1 or 2 years of service, whichever it is currently, and then additional amount owed is added on top of that (so if you have a biennial server for $X dollars and have X months left, you are billed $X dollars, get biennial +2 years from now, and then X months added. If you have annual, then you get +1 years for $X dollars and X months added.)

This excludes BF flash deals, it has to be a package that can quickly be regenerated and exists as its own specific plan already.

Thanked by (2)lemoncube theloafingone
  • @VirMach said: 'll reveal the queries afterward

Probably better to not tip the idiots off too much.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
This discussion has been closed.