[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• I think my most transfer this month is a server (IPv4 & IPv6) that I run YABS twice ;')

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:
    And anyone who was around who helped with this, if you do make an order, basically order around half the bandwidth you actually need and contact me to double it and it should be around the same price we discussed.

I'll ignore anyone who wasn't here though unless we decide to create a lot more work for ourselves and double bandwidth, maybe via spins.

Bummer, I didn't post any requests!

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@FrankZ said:

@jack666 said:

@VirMach said:

@jack666 said:
    @VirMach I bought an account in April this year, and then encountered a promotion and bought a Ryzen Special 2560
    MiserlyCaring-VM $55.00 USD Biennially, I set up my own small website, and now it is suddenly suspended, what should I do? It's been 2 days since the ticket was submitted, but no reply? View Ticket #627022

Let me know if you'd like to provide any critical details.

This is the first time I found that vir has such a good and cheap vps, I really want to buy one, but the official website does not have such strong activities, so I bought a vps for resale from a personal seller, which is very good, but the configuration is relatively low, just in 4 There is a promotion in the month, I bought MiserlyCaring-VM $55.00 USD Biennially, I am very satisfied, but it suddenly stopped a few days ago, because I only put a private photo album and personal website, there is no abuse, I don't understand it, and then I learned that it is because The problem of account transaction, I use it personally, a real user, please restore my service as soon as possible.

If you could provide some identifying details such as account email, VM id#, and/or ticket number so VirMach could know who you are it would be helpful to you cause.

OK, this is the payment Invoice #1414076 Appeal Ticket #627022, thank you

Thank you for the additional information. A @VirMach customer service rep will get back you. If you have not heard back from a VirMach customer service rep here, or via your appeal ticket, after waiting at least 24 hours, you can quote this post. Please be patient and do not spam the thread as it appears that your VPS has been suspended due to a violation of VirMach's TOS.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited October 2022

@Wonder_Woman said: I didn't post any requests!

Even if I did, I didn't figure out the URL. :s Just like Easter Eggs, I guess I'm too old for these shenanigans (using the word loosely).
    Keeping to the nothing until freebie 2G mantra anyway :anguished:

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @Jab said: Anyway I think it mostly works lately - as I am logging in everyday and I don't recall I had to click Active too many times. I am more pissed that my session can't stand longer than a day and I need to 2FA everyday

This. Every time I fill this 2FA I consider disabled it. Of course I wouldn't. But if this could be added to the queue ...

• @Daevien said:
    824.23 GB of 1000 GB
    772.13 GB of 1000 GB
    749.54 GB of 1.95 TB
    795.27 GB of 1.95 TB
    769.89 GB of 1.95 TB
    21.66 GB of 1.95 TB (lol, recent migration, it had been prob 750gb or more)
    900.12 GB of 3.91 TB
    1.69 TB of 3.42 TB

looks around

That's a lot of Linux ISOs.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • I checked the bandwidth usage so far this month, for all the servers that I had since beginning of this month.
    link to spec and price

hostname provider location bandwidth used bandwidth total
    vps1 VirMach MIA 33 1000
    vps3 GreenCloud SIN 3 750
    vps4 SpartanHost SEA 43 2000
    vps5 L1Servers DAL 5 1000
    vps6 Nexril DAL 9 1024
    vps9 Webhosting24 MUC 464 2048
    box0 microLXC AKL 0 200
    box1 Evolution LIL 103 20480
    box3 Gullo YUL 0 250
    box4 Limitless ORD 6 250
    box9 Incog RTM 6018 10000

Use cases:

• regular website: vps4
    • Docker registry: box1
    • personal Seafile: vps1
    • personal VPN: box1
    • Debian archive for own software: vps9
    • push-ups delivery network: vps1, vps3, vps4, vps6, vps9, box1
    • SSH reverse tunnel: box3
    • RIPE ATLAS: vps1, box1, vps3
    • backup storage: vps5
    • Tor exit: box9

For most nodes except the Tor exit and vps9 (possible bug), my bandwidth usage is less than 10% of the limit.
    Hence, I don't pay much attention of this spec facet, as long as it's not a ridiculous low number.

bandwidth ≥ MAX( 100GB, 100×RAM, 1.5×disk )

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said: Our doubled pricing which you'll halve are:

I REALLY wish you had a(n) UK option.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Darn, missed out on the testing and possible double bandwidth because I was asleep.
    It's alright, I don't really care about bandwidth. I'm more hype about the whole idea of being able to choose the exact specs you want.
    Hoping @VirMach forgot about possibly cancelling SJ as a location so I can finally get off this other provider/CC.

• MS said:
    That's a lot of Linux ISOs.

Nah, web traffic and mostly proxy stuff from legit mirroring of stuff.

I won't tell you my home transfer stats with my still fairly new 3gig fiber though lol

• @Jab said:
    Uhmmm okey, seems like FFME006 is kaput (or network part) and I was just importing OSM data. Please don't tell me I actually killed it >:D

You broke it!

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

FFME006 randomly spun out of control in terms of temperature over a small spike. Originally when looking at the graph it looked straight up and crash but zooming in, completely different story. I don't know what's going on there or what laws they have to abide by but it's just a strange time for it to do that. They do definitely run a lot hotter than their counterparts in other regions especially with their low CPU usage. Already on power saving mode, fans work fine, and this was the lowest CPU usage of them all.

For comparison, NYC in the day right now, hotter than Frankfurt, our highest CPU usage server of all that's constantly boosting right now (77% versus like 25% FFME001) and actually has slower fans and it's not even on power saving mode and it's 4C lower (checked again, now they're about the same.)

And it's not just one node, all of them in Frankfurt so it ha to be ambient temperature.

(edit) And PHXZ001, 58-61% CPU usage most recently, weather is 26C versus 13C in Frankfurt, also not on eco mode (PHXZ001) and its 15C lower than 27-34% FFME001 right now (bumped up a little.)

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

Hey, my VPS has only one core... Don't tell me I can overheat it for using single core 100% for like 20 minutes? :P

Edit wait, import was running for an hour.
    Do I try import again and overheat it? :D

I had no idea that import gonna take an hour, but at current situation I guess I will try to run it again (and abuse CPU!) to see if this really breaks it :P

@VirMach wanna start something else on different core to help up heating up? :P

Started import around 00:10 UTC :D

• @VirMach do you have some ambient temp outside the case to compare? Maybe they just not cooling enough - you know, it's Germany, they power saving a lot, could be had to adjust AC (due to gov too?).

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

I killed it (FFME006) again it seems @VirMach
    There must be something very wrong with that CPU/temps (or NVMe also?) - did you run some burn it test after they setup it up in rack?

I know this is flattened already and you have decents stats, but load kinda increased, but shouldn't overcook this.~~

Ok, maybe it wasn't me this time!

Update: we are taking the server offline briefly to check BIOS settings and possibly update firmware.

• @VirMach said: I've brought up to our developer

What! Can't believe Virmach has dev. I thought it run by one man or maybe two

smartass shitposting satirist

@Jab said:
    I killed it (FFME006) again it seems @VirMach
    There must be something very wrong with that CPU/temps (or NVMe also?) - did you run some burn it test after they setup it up in rack?

I know this is flattened already and you have decents stats, but load kinda increased, but shouldn't overcook this.~~

Ok, maybe it wasn't me this time!

Update: we are taking the server offline briefly to check BIOS settings and possibly update firmware.

That load spike will always happen after a reboot. It's all the VMs and operating systems starting up.

@Jab said:
    @VirMach do you have some ambient temp outside the case to compare? Maybe they just not cooling enough - you know, it's Germany, they power saving a lot, could be had to adjust AC (due to gov too?).

Yeah we got ambient temperatures and spoke with them already. He got a little upset I was kind of shocked at the high temperatures and re-iterated it was within the cabinet so it's normal. I could be wrong there, maybe it does get hot but I've been at a DC and working on servers before and I guess it didn't feel like it those times.

Anyway, doesn't seem like a facility problem.

I kept looking into it and it doesn't make sense because temperatures look fine when it boots up (that big load spike) but again when the CPU goes from being cold to booting up even if higher ambient temperatures it doesn't necessarily just immediately burn up, it happens over time. They're taking it seriously and looking into it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just some weird firmware bug since it's a relatively "new" board model, no updates for it yet.

Basically, the reading could maybe be wrong for the fans or a sensor malfunctioned and caused it to overheat. I put it on manual fans for now. If it reboots again or they touch other servers, wasn't me!

@Jab said:
    Hey, my VPS has only one core... Don't tell me I can overheat it for using single core 100% for like 20 minutes? :P

Edit wait, import was running for an hour.
    Do I try import again and overheat it? :D

I had no idea that import gonna take an hour, but at current situation I guess I will try to run it again (and abuse CPU!) to see if this really breaks it :P

@VirMach wanna start something else on different core to help up heating up? :P

Started import around 00:10 UTC :D

You've solved the energy crisis. All they need to do is mine crypto!

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said: That load spike will always happen after a reboot. It's all the VMs and operating systems starting up.

No talking about the spike - the right side of it - going for load 5 to 8, ending on 11-12. Those are not loads that should overheat that CPU, but looks like it's stacking over time :) [it's a GIF, it's moving!]

@VirMach said: Basically, the reading could maybe be wrong for the fans or a sensor malfunctioned and caused it to overheat. I put it on manual fans for now. If it reboots again or they touch other servers, wasn't me!

So... it just rebooted again (FFME006) and FFME004 seems to be down for like 30 minutes too.

• Anyway gonna try to import this database again on 006 with 100% 1core CPU abuse, you can watch temps if you have nothing better to do :D

@Jab said: So... it just rebooted again (FFME006) and FFME004 seems to be down for like 30 minutes too.

Updating network issue, they're not notifying us of what they're doing but I assume they are going to be poking around everywhere if that's the case.

• Yes, 001 died too :D

• edited October 2022

@VirMach With Ryzen 33% AUP, spin a single core on the 3vCore plan is okay I presume?

Want to make it clear before jump on the BF bus.

Btw, why your online time is so irregular?

smartass shitposting satirist

• @VirMach, I'm sick of FFME004, as I asked before, can my vm be allocated to other node, area, country, planet, or put back those migration button?

• DaevienDaevien OG
    edited October 2022

Looks like more of FFM went down, maybe they are changing something for all servers? I'm on uh, 002 i think.

Edit: Back now. Down for 9 min, vps 1 min uptime. So looks like FFM rebooting, a fix has just been foudn for some issues and applied would be my guess/hope?

Thanked by (1)ben47955
  • @VirMach Hello, can you help to review the suspension ticket #685329? I have updated the relevant information and materials and have been waiting for two days. As the ticket said, I don't know the so-called infplus (reason for suspension), this account never belonged to him. I have provided screenshots of Alipay bills. If necessary, I can continue to provide other information you need.

• @rohow said:
    @VirMach Hello, can you help to review the suspension ticket #685329? I have updated the relevant information and materials and have been waiting for two days. As the ticket said, I don't know the so-called infplus (reason for suspension), this account never belonged to him. I have provided screenshots of Alipay bills. If necessary, I can continue to provide other information you need.

It sounds like you have been linked to a reseller (infplus), which is against the TOS (terms of service). They are usually quick to deal with them if you have given enough information and followed what they laid out for the process to continue. If you have more that may be useful, you should add that to the ticket so they have all the information they can to make a decision. Virmach may reply here as well since you have pinged them now.

Thanked by (2)rohow FrankZ
  • @Daevien said:
    It sounds like you have been linked to a reseller (infplus), which is against the TOS (terms of service). They are usually quick to deal with them if you have given enough information and followed what they laid out for the process to continue. If you have more that may be useful, you should add that to the ticket so they have all the information they can to make a decision. Virmach may reply here as well since you have pinged them now.

Thank you for your reminder. I really have no choice but to come here to ask for help. At present, the ticket cannot continue to reply and there is no response, and I also don't want to break the rules to send the same ticket, but I confirm that this account is not associated with infplus.

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    @VirMach With Ryzen 33% AUP, spin a single core on the 3vCore plan is okay I presume?

Want to make it clear before jump on the BF bus.

Btw, why your online time is so irregular?

I don't sleep very much usually.

33% AUP is same as long time ago, most people are OK, that's minimum amount before we do anything at all and usually we only enforce at 90-100% with Ryzen since processing power is high and nodes have low CPU usage on average, check:

https://status.virm.ac

It's just there just in case, sometimes people will mine crypto and set it exactly at X% 24x7 and if it's on a node where usage is high we may contact them. Our anti-abuse system has been improved over years and made to be lenient, it will let people burst more for long times if there's lots of CPU available.

This discussion has been closed.