VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited January 2023

@emperor said: Problem for me is that i get logged out every x minutes..

Looks like you get a session timeout. On the only proper setup (Linux Mint/Firefox), I can leave a logged in session overnight (if I forget) and it's still logged in next day. Try a different browser?

[A SolusVM-derived VNC session does timeout after a set period of inactivity - a good security feature.]

Thanked by (1)emperor

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said: Linux Mint/Firefox

IDD that this is Chromium based browser thing.. It's not logging me out on firefox on my laptop.. Only on vivaldi and chrome on desktop.. I should install firefox here also...

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• edited January 2023

@Mumbly said: I wouldn't say they are reliable.

etc.

I suggest that this is a valid conversation to have, though along with a few other comments (I have also been 'guilty'), I reckon a new thread should be split, specifically for Virmach issues/discussion. This may help to keep this offer thread cleaner and still provide a venue for Virmach service(s) discussion.

Just a thought.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

etc.

I suggest that this is a valid conversation to have, though along with a few other comments (I have also been 'guilty'), I reckon a new thread should be split, specifically for Virmach issues/discussion. This may help to keep this offer thread cleaner and still provide a venue for Virmach service(s) discussion.

Just a thought.

How dare you be objective.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited January 2023

@AlwaysSkint said:

etc.

Just a thought.

Hey, hey... it's a lot more than just this sentence. I would prefer if you would quote whole review, which is, I beliveve, honest as it gets. Beside that this is sale thread where it's, I believe, normal that people ask for opinion about host and get some responses. I am not thrashing host, but actually investing some of my time and effort to review things how I see them from my personal experience and also from observation regarding company in question.
    Taking out review component from threads like this one beats the purpose of a hosting forum.

• @emperor said: Cant even reinstall from iso on time

go to the VPS Control Panel to go to te SolusVM panel, select the service, go to the VNC button, use them details in UltraVNC etc, and then it wont close on you.

• @Mumbly said: Hey, hey... it's a lot more than just this sentence

Hence the "etc." (et cetera), rather than needlessly (re-)quoting - others take note. ;)

• @FrankZ

The author of this thread will be changed to @VirMach directly ≠ To avoid confusion: I do not work at VirMach. I am an assistant janitor at LES.

Frank.
    It appears to me, and probably others, that you are acting beyond a moderator for LES. IN the spirit of openness, Could you please list all remuneration you have received from Virmach since he transitioned to LES ?

Remuneration includes but is not limited to:

• Free or reduced VPS or others services
    • Additional options or features on VPS at no cost
    • Credits to account
    • advance notice of special offers
    • access to Virmach internal billing or other systems
    • access to virmach internal network

thanks

Thanked by (2)skizio quic
  • edited January 2023

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Mumbly said: Hey, hey... it's a lot more than just this sentence

Hence the "etc." (et cetera), rather than needlessly (re-)quoting - others take note. ;)

So do you think that sales threads should not contain people's questions regarding service and members answers/reviews? :p
    I believe that this is the pure essence of those threads. That this adds the real value to those threads.

• @jperkins said:
    access to Virmach internal billing or other systems
    access to virmach internal network

You're having a giraffe! :-D

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

• edited January 2023

@Mumbly said: So you think that sales threads should not contain people's questions regarding service and members answers/reviews?

Not necessarily (which is the WHT way, IIRC), though I do see a benefit in doing so. Witness last year's Epic thread whereby a lot of good information became swamped by often frivolous posts and more generic ones. These things shouldn't be censored but perhaps placed in a more relevant thread.
    I recognise that it's only a point of view and likely doesn't "go with the flow" - like many of my opinions on the way LES has regressed developed/evolved.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

• @jperkins said:
    @FrankZ

The author of this thread will be changed to @VirMach directly ≠ To avoid confusion: I do not work at VirMach. I am an assistant janitor at LES.

Frank.
    It appears to me, and probably others, that you are acting beyond a moderator for LES. IN the spirit of openness, Could you please list all remuneration you have received from Virmach since he transitioned to LES ?

• Credits to account

thanks

Honestly it doesnt matter, provider can also choose to open a new thread anytime they would like to.

It is a community where we should help each other, including providers. As long as the provider doesnt get much unfair advantage (in this case, it is just creating a thread, not pinned or anything, plus old thread is closed), so I see this as fair.

• @jperkins said:
    @FrankZ

Frank.

• Credits to account

thanks

Nooooo! Don't be totally silly now.
    If you paid attention, you'd know that @FrankZ split the previous thread into this one.
    To have 2022 and 2023 as separate threads, because it became too large.

That is for practical reasons and to benefit LES, not VirMach.
    In fact, VirMach would probably if he had to choose, prefer to have it one large thread.
    And to increase the 'record largest thread' record.

So you're wrong already with your initial assumption that it was to benefit VirMach, when reality is that it was to benefit LES - and probably the opposite of what VirMach would've preferred.

What your list of questions that follows concerns, I can tell you that the answer is ZERO - and that he receives nothing more than what he got as a regular customer, i.e. the same you could get.

So take a deep breath and please let go of any conspiracy theories, they're really unfounded and you have no need for concern.
    And I can tell you he's a superb and super friendly and selflessly helpful guy.

Best wishes for 2023. :-)
    (And before you ask, same goes for me, I'm not being paid etc etc, obviously.) :p

• I think @FrankZ should be in the @virmach support payroll as he has been cleaning / directing and does his best to normalize this thread.

So i suggest from now 01.01.2023 - 30.04.2023 he should be paid $75 / m as minimum thank you. He deserves more pussy but thats a good start.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @ehab said: So i suggest from now 01.01.2023 - 30.04.2023 he should be paid $75 / m as minimum thank you.

Best we can do is pay in XPG NVMe SSDe broken drives.
    One driver per 6 months.

Signed, VirMach.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown yoursunny

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

@ehab said: So i suggest from now 01.01.2023 - 30.04.2023 he should be paid $75 / m as minimum thank you.

Best we can do is pay in XPG NVMe SSDe broken drives.
    One driver per 6 months.

Signed, VirMach.

bad apple.

• @Mumbly said:

@lapua said:

@Mumbly said:

@lapua said:
    @Mumbly @cybertech virmach not reliable at all?

You're joking, right? :)

nope. serious question.

I wouldn't say they are reliable. I mean they are cheap, offer a lot of resourced for a money, but far from reliable.

People who say that they are reliable have in their mind Virmach from ages ago. Nowaday they seems like a trainwreck from a company. There's always something broken, always something down, always something pending... and this state last for a year if not more.
    Some people still hope from a host to return to a former glory, but it seems to me that with more promo sales instead of solving ongoing issues they just dig a deeper hole for themself.
    Sometimes we read stuff like "out of ten vpses I have with them only two are down, they are okay". No, that's not okay. Fan base lost objectivity here. People's approach here is more a community/hobby thing than business. If you need them for anything semi-serious you will be pissed off sooner than later.
    If your node goes poof ... and it will, it can take easily 2 - 7 days downtime which is somehow okay (like said "community thing", not business) when it come to this host. Sometimes I feel sorry for this guy. It seems to me like he took more on his plate than he can handle it, no matter how hard he try. And he's trying hard, he really does.
    You will get a lot of resources for your money but if you expect reliable product which will just work or support which will respond to your ticket within 48 hours and solve issue within one week ...no, you may not get it here. I would give them 10/10 points for resources/price ratio and 3/10 points for reliability/price ratio.
    This other green host with similar prices (when they have sale) is uncomparable better.
    Currently I have active two VPSes with Virmach, one in Amsterdam and the other in Frankfurt. Those two locations are imho among more reliable, as there's less abusers, but also those nodes sometimes goes "poof".
    You get a lot of resources for your money, but reliability is not one of those thing. Not even in a low-end term.

Maybe i try a cheap Frankfurt VPS. But i approach the matter in such a way that i assume that there could be problems...

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@jperkins said:

Frank.
    thanks

Sure, I'm all about transparency and I have also added a couple things to your list.

Before I became a Moderator I received a free for life 2GB VPS for making a guess about ticket numbers processed in October 2022, many other members here at LES received the same VPS for the same reason.
    The guess is here: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/100593/#Comment_100593

Where VirMach publicly stated who was eligible to receive the VPS is here:
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/100804/#Comment_100804

None

• Credits to account

None

None
    I expect that what you meant to say in the above was the below so I will answer that also

• advance access to special offers

None

Never

Never

• Affiliate commissions paid to me

None

• Other forms of compensation

None

• Compensation for being a LES moderator

None

If anyone still feels that there is any reason to further question my integrity please let my know.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ gets to see the login IP address of @VirMach account.

It's OVH Canada.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited January 2023

@lapua said: But i approach the matter in such a way that i assume that there could be problems..

That's the (Low End) spirit! Anything else is a bonus. :D Wunderbar!

Thanked by (1)lapua

• @AlwaysSkint said:

You're having a giraffe! :-D

If you don't mind, what does this mean? Not familiar with this saying.

@FrankZ said: If anyone still feels that there is any reason to further question my integrity please let my know.

Yeah, didn't care for that either. What if I don't feel there was a reason in the first place? >:(

• @skorous said: Not familiar with this saying.

I do this for a reason - widen non-native English vocabulary - I usually check that it can be easily searched for. ;)
    "You're having a laugh!" :D

• @FrankZ
    Please understand that not all of us feel the need to try and stir things up.
    I can see you do GENUINELY try your hardest and DO always answer to the best of your knowledge honestly. I am sorry that you get this criticism as it is really not needed.
    I can appreciate that some feel that they have been treated badly by Virmach and wish to publish their feelings. In the spirit of a forum that is their choice.
    This is called the sales offer thread so as such it should be discussions about sales and offers. As has been suggested if someone wishes to state their feelings about something in this thread then by all means go ahead. If however the statement is just to bad mouth / disrupt / inform - then START ANOTHER THREAD if the comments are NOT related directly to this thread.
    Let people make their own decisions and make it easy for people to find the positive / negative comments. Having something negative or positive in an 'epic' thread just means that it will be very diluted.
    For clarity I am not associated with Virmach either - however like FrankZ, I also got a free for life 2G server. I also have 3 other servers which I find are working very well and were very good value.

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ said: If anyone still feels that there is any reason to further question my integrity please let my know.

Tooo risky! :p

@msatt said: START ANOTHER THREAD

Seems strangely familiar..

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

peeps are in bad mood cuz @VirBOT ain't hustling.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• [Deciphers @cybertech into near English :p ]

• @cybertech said:

@nutjob said:

@cybertech said:

@nutjob said:

@cybertech said:

@lapua said:
    @Mumbly @cybertech virmach not reliable at all?

what i can say is that their VPS is fast, promotional prices unbeatable, and i do not put any production on them until further notice/monitoring.

currently holding:

• Tokyo (2x)
    • Amsterdam
    • San Jose
    • Los Angeles

If you don't need those anymore I'll take them off your hands for you.

i need them for my signature.

So do I. I aspire only to be like you.

i was gonna say it doesn't cost much but damn thats like $60 there.

$12 average price sounds pretty good.

LIMITED OFFER
    $34.69 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    3498MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    50GB SSD (NVMe)
    5120GB MONTHLY DATA
    ATLANTA, GA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

aaaaaand another commercial break

• Guys please relax a bit, all pending order should wait till March at least.

Virmarch.. /jk

I need to declare this as a joke otherwise, maybe, this will trigger some people.

Anyway, I have 8 services with them, all of them are working as expected but nothing critical of course, just for hobby.