c1vhosting review: not recommended

Comments

• MS said:

@foxone said:

Would've been cool if you just pasted that sticker on their letterbox, took a pic for LES, and ran off. :lol:

C1v will sue you for property damage. He is very focused on legal stuff.

Thanked by (1)_MS_

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• @Freek said:

MS said:

@foxone said:

Would've been cool if you just pasted that sticker on their letterbox, took a pic for LES, and ran off. :lol:

I dropped one in the postbox, perhaps @c1vhosting will post it and close the circle :)

• @foxone said:

@Freek said:

MS said:

@foxone said:

I dropped one in the postbox, perhaps @c1vhosting will post it and close the circle :)

only if you followed Tier-3 infrastructure design rules while dropping the sticker

• @dev_vps said:

@foxone said:

@Freek said:

MS said:

@foxone said:

only if you followed Tier-3 infrastructure design rules while dropping the sticker

I dropped three of them for redundancy:

• One for the ticketing system
    • One for the network
    • One for the electricity
    Thanked by (1)dev_vps
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

If this provider deadpools cause y'all aggro'd him out of biz I'll be upset.

I can live with 10/y for questionable performance, but 10 for a month or two of bad performance and then deadpool is very different bang per buck math

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired

Does this mean my Datacenter out of my Polebarn is out of the question?

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:
    Does this mean my Datacenter out of my Polebarn is out of the question?

Depends on where you usually keep the pole... :lol:

@Freek said:

MS said:

@foxone said:

He has to make money somehow. If hosting isn't working, he can at least sue people for extra cash...

@foxone said:

You mean one of your fox furries sticker? Depending on his inclinations,y ou might just make good friends with him :lol:

@havoc said:
    If this provider deadpools cause y'all aggro'd him out of biz I'll be upset.

I can live with 10/y for questionable performance, but 10 for a month or two of bad performance and then deadpool is very different bang per buck math

I agree with you there. c1v is low price but lousy service unlike most where they charge regular price for lousy service...

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• @somik said: He has to make money somehow. If hosting isn't working, he can at least sue people for extra cash...

I doubt he can really sue someone. To sue someone, one needs to run a business by the book and not, for example, request PayPal payments via the 'friends & family' option.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

i doubt he will be able to sue anyone.

imagine he is waiting for the lawyer to contact him

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

Via PM or Revolut chat!

• First, he'll setup another firm called C1Litigation. Then, sue everyone on LEniverse.

• Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 4 days, 20 hours, 31 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697A v4 @ 2.60GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2596.990 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 69.0 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.5.10
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 212                           
    Multi Core      | 230                           

• @foxone said:

@dev_vps said:

@foxone said:

@Freek said:

MS said:

@foxone said:

I dropped three of them for redundancy:

• One for the ticketing system
    • One for the network
    • One for the electricity

I wonder if at this point he got at least one... I hope they didn't throw it away :((

• @abiaolaoge said:

Basic System Information:

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 212                           
    Multi Core      | 230                           

This GB6 score is beyond words
    This VPS has 8 gb memory, but SQL Server DB Engine is going to be very sluggish, due to “incredible” computing power.

• edited May 17

@Mumbly said:

@somik said: He has to make money somehow. If hosting isn't working, he can at least sue people for extra cash...

I doubt he can really sue someone. To sue someone, one needs to run a business by the book and not, for example, request PayPal payments via the 'friends & family' option.

The law is very clear for such cases. He has to show “actual damage caused”.

There could be a city ordinance with regards to dropping anything in a mailbox (postbox) by “unauthorized” folks.

— not a legal advice. Just sharing my opinion.

• @dev_vps said:

@Mumbly said:

@somik said: He has to make money somehow. If hosting isn't working, he can at least sue people for extra cash...

The law is very clear for such cases. He has to show “actual damage caused”.

There could be a city ordinance with regards to dropping anything in a mailbox (postbox) by “unauthorized” folks.

— not a legal advice. Just sharing my opinion.

It also depends on the country's laws. Most countries do not have such restrictive laws like US and in some countries, court proceedings takes decades to process. Here is an example from the number 1 in delayed court proceedings, india:
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata/72-years-on-indias-oldest-pending-case-finally-settled/articleshow/97012986.cms

Moreover most countries are not willing to chase criminals across borders for minor crimes.

Again, same as @dev_vps, not a legal advice. Always contact your local law firm to get a free advice on these matters.

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• hi guys whats up

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU

• @abiaolaoge said:

Basic System Information:

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 212                           
    Multi Core      | 230                           

Ouch, especially if a 0.50€/m VPS outperforms this.

• Just a little PayPal info: The monetary difference between a normal PayPal transaction and a "Friends & Family" transaction is a 2.9% surcharge (here in North America). For ad hoc PayPal sales, I will just charge price + 2.9% or simply 103% (for ease of calculation). I've been with PayPal since 1998, and they have always been reasonable in my experience.
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/merchant-intangibles-update

• @cybertech said:

LowEndLawyer™ mommy's will pay for it.

@hornet said:
    Just a little PayPal info: The monetary difference between a normal PayPal transaction and a "Friends & Family" transaction is a 2.9% surcharge (here in North America). For ad hoc PayPal sales, I will just charge price + 2.9% or simply 103% (for ease of calculation). I've been with PayPal since 1998, and they have always been reasonable in my experience.

common sense should forbid F&F transaction for business type. well, unless they're really your "Friends" and "Family" I guess.
    having the power of 180days chargeback actually helps the buyer to keep their service works as advertised (even if the TOS said grug do no refund, grug no hear refund. paypal will still return your money if you didn't get what was clearly advertised). the downside is the seller will have extra bullshit to deal with, and they have to document everything just in case the customer abusing the chargeback system. but hey, I'm sure any provider with T3 infrastructure can handle that without a sweat.

so yeah, in low end market, doing F&F is a stupid idea.

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @hornet said:
    Just a little PayPal info: The monetary difference between a normal PayPal transaction and a "Friends & Family" transaction is a 2.9% surcharge (here in North America). For ad hoc PayPal sales, I will just charge price + 2.9% or simply 103% (for ease of calculation). I've been with PayPal since 1998, and they have always been reasonable in my experience.

Hopefully you're in a country where you’re allowed to charge a surcharge. The UK, for example, went further than banning card payment surcharges and included providers like PayPal.

• @Encoders said:
    common sense should forbid F&F transaction for business type. well, unless they're really your "Friends" and "Family" I guess.

Common sense would suggest not violating the terms and conditions of your payment provider in the first place.

Additionally, PayPal states business accounts can’t receive friends & family payments anymore, so I guess they’re also using a personal account for business activity.

• RapToNRapToN Hosting ProviderOG
    edited May 21

@adly said:

Additionally, PayPal states business accounts can’t receive friends & family payments anymore, so I guess they’re also using a personal account for business activity.

That can't really be, because I have a business account and at the weekend I was still able to receive money as family and friends. (Not for any kind of business ofc)

• It's an immediate 🚩 when a provider or business requests "Friends & Family" PayPal payments for their services.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• edited May 21

@RapToN said:

@adly said:

That can't really be, because I have a business account and at the weekend I was still able to receive money as family and friends. (Not for any kind of business ofc)

🤷‍♂️ Just basing it on the PayPal website - "You can no longer accept friends and family payments on your Business account. However, if you’d like to receive friends and family payments, you can use or create a Personal account. If you don’t use other business products with your account, you can also change your Business account to a Personal account." - here.

Thanked by (1)Encoders
  • @adly said:

@RapToN said:

@adly said:

🤷‍♂️ Just basing it on the PayPal website - "You can no longer accept friends and family payments on your Business account. However, if you’d like to receive friends and family payments, you can use or create a Personal account. If you don’t use other business products with your account, you can also change your Business account to a Personal account." - here.

As of July 28, 2022, US Business accounts can no longer receive friends and family payments from US senders.

PayPal is a global brand... with a lot of local country-level rules [totally expected as they payment processor/mony app etc].

Thanked by (2)Encoders adly

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @TheDP said:
    It's an immediate 🚩 when a provider or business requests "Friends & Family" PayPal payments for their services.

*sigh* i should've noticed this sooner. you live and learn i guess

@adly said:

@RapToN said:

@adly said:

welp, that settles it.

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @Encoders said: sigh i should've noticed this sooner. you live and learn i guess

Not trying to rub salt in the wound or anything, but it's also another immediate 🚩 when a provider, or business, claims and advertises being:

1. Italy's premier data center
    2. cutting-edge datacenter in Pomezia, near Rome
    3. Italy's Leading Data Center
    4. Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia

However, you find no visual evidence of such a facility anywhere on the Internet, including, and most importantly, their own website :smiley:

No offense meant to the provider but we all know "basement" providers do exist in the LowEndWorld and we're somewhat happy to accept when they're transparent about it.

Thanked by (3)adly sh97 runbiscuit

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired
    edited May 22

@TheDP said:

@Encoders said: sigh i should've noticed this sooner. you live and learn i guess

Not trying to rub salt in the wound or anything, but it's also another immediate 🚩 when a provider, or business, claims and advertises being:

However, you find no visual evidence of such a facility anywhere on the Internet, including, and most importantly, their own website :smiley:

No offense meant to the provider but we all know "basement" providers do exist in the LowEndWorld and we're somewhat happy to accept when they're transparent about it.

That is why all my hosting is from a cave in an "undisclosed" location!!!

Edit: I need a new X220 keyboard!!!

Thanked by (1)host_c

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @TheDP said:

@Encoders said: sigh i should've noticed this sooner. you live and learn i guess

https://www.datacentermap.com/italy/rome/c1v-irideos-dc3/

All these adjectives are missing on this datacenter map webpage.
    from the web page
    unparalleled reliability without the Tier 3 certification