Koofr Lifetime Deal from 24$ for 100GB, 48$ for 250GB and 112$ for 1TB [coupon expired]

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@jaden said:

@Ympker said:
    Damn, you got even more than I do, mate.

I got:

• Koofr 1TB lifetime (500GB in use)
    • pCloud 500GB lifetime (about 78GB in use)
    • Internxt 2TB lifetime (about 28GB in use)
    • Degoo 100GB (about 20GB in use)

and GDrive (free).

I've been deliberating whether to use cloud providers vs self-hosting. Here's what I have.

• Koofr 100 GB lifetime
    • Filen 100 GB lifetime
    • Mega 400 GB annual
    • Syncthing with Filebrowser 4 TB across 3 dedicated servers
    • Synology (on Tailscale) 5 TB

I'd prefer cloud providers as I won't have to monitor a server (or anything else, for that matter) and lifetime cloud storage deals have no recurring fees. What's more, if I was to self-host I'd need more servers if I also wanted to mirror files to 3 different locations in case one server fks up. Considering all this, lifetime Koofr/pCloud is what I feel happy with. If it's sensitive files then I'll just use Cryptomator.

Thanked by (2)root jaden
  • @jaden said:

@Ympker said:

I got:

and GDrive (free).

I've been deliberating whether to use cloud providers vs self-hosting. Here's what I have.

• Koofr 100 GB lifetime
    • Filen 100 GB lifetime
    • Mega 400 GB annual

Lets' see what I got...

Koofr 250 GB 260 GB LifeTime (Super awesome)
    iDrive Mobile 5 TB Lifetime (Best phone backup tool for me)
    Thunderdrive 4 TB Lifetime (Crapware)
    Zoho 100 GB (Annual, included with Workspace subscription)
    iCloud 100 GB (Annual)

I think that sums up the current list, excluding the "free" tiers of Onedrive, Google Drive, pcloud and Sync which I suppose do not count due to low limits. Last two I might drop at the end of the year.

Thanked by (2)Ympker jaden

@vyas said:

@jaden said:

@Ympker said:

I got:

and GDrive (free).

• Koofr 100 GB lifetime
    • Filen 100 GB lifetime
    • Mega 400 GB annual

Lets' see what I got...

Koofr 250 GB 260 GB LifeTime (Super awesome)
    iDrive Mobile 5 TB Lifetime (Best phone backup tool for me)
    Thunderdrive 4 TB Lifetime (Crapware)
    Zoho 100 GB (Annual, included with Workspace subscription)
    iCloud 100 GB (Annual)

I think that sums up the current list, excluding the "free" tiers of Onedrive, Google Drive, pcloud and Sync which I suppose do not count due to low limits. Last two I might drop at the end of the year.

I remember you had a paid pCloud sub? Storage space for it no longer needed, or did you migrate it?

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • plcoud I decided not to renew- it was a 2 TB/ USD 15 a year promotional plan, renewed at 80 odd US Dollars/ year. Might pick up 500 GB offer around BF depending on discount. But will see..

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Ympker said:
    I'd prefer cloud providers as I won't have to monitor a server (or anything else, for that matter) and lifetime cloud storage deals have no recurring fees. What's more, if I was to self-host I'd need more servers if I also wanted to mirror files to 3 different locations in case one server fks up. Considering all this, lifetime Koofr/pCloud is what I feel happy with. If it's sensitive files then I'll just use Cryptomator.

That's an excellent point, they're definitely less hassle. I wonder how long some of these providers will last, but I guess migrating from one to another (especially if they support rclone) isn't any more work than maintaining servers.

I've been thinking about getting pCloud lifetime, but have read complaints from lifetime users saying their accounts were canceled for misuse when they claim there was none. That's made me hesitate, but their service works so well I'm tempted to take the plunge. I hadn't realized Koofr didn't allow stacking when I bought the 100 GB lifetime. I may create a new account to get the 250 GB deal. I missed the 20% off, but maybe there'll be another discount for BF.

@jaden said:

@Ympker said:

That's an excellent point, they're definitely less hassle. I wonder how long some of these providers will last, but I guess migrating from one to another (especially if they support rclone) isn't any more work than maintaining servers.

Exactly, it gives me peace of mind. As long as you keep off-site backups of the important stuff you should be fine if one of your storage providers would shut down. Then again, I trust Koofr/pCloud enough to at least give (ample) notice before they shutdown services so you can retrieve data. If koofr supports rclone that would be even easier for many ppl to move.
    That said, Koofr has been around since 2013 and pCloud also for more than 10 years iirc, so I don't feel too pessimistic rn.

I've been thinking about getting pCloud lifetime, but have read complaints from lifetime users saying their accounts were canceled for misuse when they claim there was none. That's made me hesitate, but their service works so well I'm tempted to take the plunge. I hadn't realized Koofr didn't allow stacking when I bought the 100 GB lifetime. I may create a new account to get the 250 GB deal. I missed the 20% off, but maybe there'll be another discount for BF.

Yeah, I read some of these complaints too. But then I always wonder what they did store. If it's DRM stuff just use Cryptomator and erase metadata or smth similar. Yeah, I'm happy with both Koofr and pCloud :) pCloud definitely seems to have the larger user base (judging by Android Store downloads and social followers), but Koofr isn't bad either.

Thanked by (1)jaden
    edited December 2022

@cyberpunk said:
    New StackSocial coupon JOY30 (30% discount), works with VPNs, making for example Adguard VPN 5yr $28.99 and also works with Koofr if anyone still wants it (1TB $98.99)

@cyberpunk found a new Stacksocial coupon that works with Koofr, bringing 1TB lifetime down to 98$, which is great :)
    Thanks for sharing!

Thanked by (3)ehab root adwsislife
  • @Ympker said:

@cyberpunk said:
    New StackSocial coupon JOY30 (30% discount), works with VPNs, making for example Adguard VPN 5yr $28.99 and also works with Koofr if anyone still wants it (1TB $98.99)

@cyberpunk found a new Stacksocial coupon that works with Koofr, bringing 1TB lifetime down to 98$, which is great :)
    Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. I could not resist and grabbed one Koofr plan.

Now I need to find a terminal solution for versatile and secured file encryption (without desktop).

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?

edited December 2022

@root said:

@Ympker said:

@cyberpunk said:

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. I could not resist and grabbed one Koofr plan.

Now I need to find a terminal solution for versatile and secured file encryption (without desktop).

Not sure if you like rclone, but: https://rclone.org/koofr/

https://koofr.eu/blog/posts/learning-the-basics-of-koofr-with-rclone

Thanked by (1)root
  • Alternatively you can try https://github.com/cryptomator/cli

Thanked by (2)root ehab
  • @Ympker said:

@cyberpunk said:

Thanks for sharing!

Does koofr provide lifetimes on their website or only through stacksocial?
    Also any 2tb lifetimes available?

Thanks!!

edited December 2022

@localhost said:

@Ympker said:

@cyberpunk said:

Thanks for sharing!

Does koofr provide lifetimes on their website or only through stacksocial?
    Also any 2tb lifetimes available?

Thanks!!

only stacksocial. Only 1TB. Not stackable. Needs 2 accs,.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • edited December 2022

@localhost said: Does koofr provide lifetimes on their website or only through stacksocial?

Only through stacksocial. They said somewhere at reddit that once all coupons they gave to the stacksocial will go, there won't be anymore. But this has been said quite some time ago...

Thanked by (2)Ympker localhost
  • @Mumbly said:

@localhost said: Does koofr provide lifetimes on their website or only through stacksocial?

Only through stacksocial. They said somewhere at reddit that once all coupons they gave to the stacksocial will go, there won't be anymore. But this has been said quite some time ago...

I see. Thank you

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Ympker said:

@cyberpunk said:

Thanks for sharing!

I normally just use KVM storage servers, but since you guys seem so happy with Koofr and the service they provide I have decided to try the small 100GB option to see how it works out. At $21.99 lifetime with the coupon, it was kind of a no brainer. Thanks to all for the info you have provided in this thread.

Thanked by (2)Ympker ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Ympker said:

@cyberpunk said:

Thanks for sharing!

I normally just use KVM storage servers, but since you guys seem so happy with Koofr and the service they provide I have decided to try the small 100GB option to see how it works out. At $21.99 lifetime with the coupon, it was kind of a no brainer. Thanks to all for the info you have provided in this thread.

I was thinking of getting something bigger, like 250gb or 1tb. Mainly because one cannot just upgrade the lifetimes, I read it somewhere on this thread... and I have heard several positives on this provider for couple years. Even I am thinking to jump the gun here

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Ympker
  • edited December 2022

@FrankZ said: I normally just use KVM storage servers,

Me too, but you know how it is... Although we like to tweak, manage, take care for, migrate, etc.. all those VPSes stuff, it's just convenient and comfortable sometimes to have some stable storage which don't require any intervention and management... but it's there all the time.

Koofr is not perfect by any means, there's still a lot of room for improvements, but all basic things just work.

As example I miss option to add more than one koofr account to their sync app. That's unnecessary limitation.
    It would be also nice if their own app would have build in some sort of encryption instead of suggesting third party solutions like cryptomator which are okay as alternative options, but not always most convenient.

It would be also nice if they would work more on cosmetic details, because even after upgrade to the lifetime subscription there are things and buttons scattered around which have no functionality and make it look like free-demo version, as example icon "gift cards", and then upgrade account options with those big buttons (although there's nothing to upgrade with lifetime subscriptions), Free addons A1 (A1 telco Slovenian users can claim extra 5GB space), etc... Nothing really problematic, just a bit bloated with stuff which is there, but have no purpose under our subscriptions and there's no option to hide it.

I think that generally you will like it, just speed to the MX may not be as perfect as it's for europeans.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

@Mumbly - I am planning on using it as a secondary backup of the active VM backups. I have attached it to a relatively low disk space VM using rclone in Amsterdam. After the main backup server does the backups of all the VMs, it will just send a copy of everything to the Amsterdam VM via rsync. Seemed to work just fine first time around. I can let it run for a while and see if there is any major downside before I would need to cancel the current secondary storage server.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly Ympker

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cupon expired?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

@codelock said:
    cupon expired?

The "JOY30" one ?

• edited December 2022

@FrankZ said:

@codelock said:
    cupon expired?

The "JOY30" one ?

yeah! looks like only "KOOFR" code works for 20% now

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• edited December 2022

well they dont have any room for hesitators...

• @codelock said:

@FrankZ said:

@codelock said:
    cupon expired?

The "JOY30" one ?

That’s a shame, I was going to pick up a few things last night and fell asleep before I checked out.

• @Nekki said:

@codelock said:

@FrankZ said:

@codelock said:
    cupon expired?

The "JOY30" one ?

That’s a shame, I was going to pick up a few things last night and fell asleep before I checked out.

Me too 🥲

• @codelock said:

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

@FrankZ said:

@codelock said:
    cupon expired?

The "JOY30" one ?

Me too 🥲

Such is life. I’m sure we’ll both survive.

• it will be back .. maybe even with -40%
    so cheer up

• @Nekki said:

@codelock said:

@FrankZ said:

@codelock said:
    cupon expired?

The "JOY30" one ?

You sleep??

Sir, tht is a surprise

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @vyas said:

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

@FrankZ said:

@codelock said:
    cupon expired?

The "JOY30" one ?

You sleep??

Sir, tht is a surprise

Well I say sleep, the doctors call it a ‘masturbstion coma’. Apparently they’ve never seen anyone whack it ‘till they black out.

• @Nekki said:

@vyas said:

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

@FrankZ said:

@codelock said:
    cupon expired?

The "JOY30" one ?

You sleep??

Sir, tht is a surprise

Well I say sleep, the doctors call it a ‘masturbstion coma’. Apparently they’ve never seen anyone whack it ‘till they black out.

have you seen how vyas does pushups?

• @ehab said:

@Nekki said:

@vyas said:

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

@FrankZ said:

@codelock said:
    cupon expired?

The "JOY30" one ?

You sleep??

Sir, tht is a surprise

have you seen how vyas does pushups?

I thought that video was encrypted.

Thanked by (1)Ympker