[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @edenten said:

I'm not sure how virmach thinks anymore.Suspended machines that I never used are.It's not clear if he just wants to suspended Tokyo users now or to handle abusers?
    Hope he will have more time to think and solve the existing problems.

If you truly believe you're innocent, prove it in your ticket instead of here.
    No one that I know of including me has been suspended.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Laxa014 still offline 😂

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @edenten said: Hope he will have more time to think and solve the existing problems.

Just a though: abusers are one of the existing problems.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ bakageta
  • edited October 2022

@edenten said: Suspended machines that I never used are.

Yo punk, do not play innocent.

That old fart may be arrogant & unreasonable, casual ban is not the thing he would do.

smartass shitposting satirist

• @foitin said: No one that I know of including me has been suspended.

I originally thought so too. But he thought I was a Tokyo forced migration.
    I paid when he had the Tokyo option. I hope he verified the date he set it and then he didn't reply to my message.
    So I continued to wait for his reply.

• edited October 2022

@Flying_Chinaman said: Yo hypocrite, do not play innocent.

That old fart may be arrogant & unreasonable, casual ban is not the thing he would do.

Can you give him the option to add the Tokyo migration date?If you don't know that, I think you're just dissing people for no reason.

I just think virmach may have been omitted.

• edited October 2022

@edenten said: Once hosthatch's VPS users use cpu 100% for a few minutes, their machines are automatically offline for ten minutes.

Can mod ban members who spread misinformation like this? this disrespectful. I have three active VPS, all working well with no problem so far

I’m a simple man I see gifs, I press thanks

• @ariq01 said: Can mod ban members who spread misinformation like this? this disrespectful

I haven't used it in a while. It may be a little off from my memory. You can see my reply later. It's true that high network speeds just disconnect.
    For the difference in information. I apologize.

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@edenten said: Suspended machines that I never used are.

Yo punk, do not play innocent.

Do your parents or company know you're a racist specially for Chinese people?With such an ID how do you manage to preach to others? Shame!

all stand up!

• edited October 2022

@pdd said:

Do your parents or company know you're a racist specially for Chinese people?With such an ID how do you manage to preach to others? Shame!

somebody reminds me who said this?

You don't know the Chinese too well, their credo is :Be strict with others and lenient with themself. They always say one thing but do another! So don't pay too much attention to what they say, just ignore them. For example, they like play the racist card , but in fact they are one of most racist people, look how they call black people and Indians and Korean on their weibo and tiktok! So bro you take it too seriously!

• racist

Thanked by (1)fluttershy

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @chimichurri said:

racist

I think this is the third variant of this image to be posted in this thread lol

• @bakageta said:

@HarveyLee said:

@kisser said:

@ben said:
    Boss, now the function to increase funds is not working, node: Phoenix

Same here.
    Seems that affected a bunch of people.

Maybe, it's closed on purpurse.

Oh, VirMach checked into my account and said that it was a bug and they'd have a dev address it, so I doubt it's on purpose. I'm sure getting paid is fairly high on the priority list so I'd bet it won't stay bugged for long.

Mass quoting everyone who mentioned it, looks like Add Funds is working again, I just added $50 and had no problems with a card payment.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider

@lemoncube said:

@hosthatch said: No. Go spread misinformation elsewhere.

Surprised to see you here. Can I ask if ipv6 at tokyo location stopped working for everyone or just me?

We're deploying a completely new way to handle IPv6, which is 100% reliable (at least as much as our IPv4 deployment in our testing). So fingers crossed that all of these IPv6 issues will be in the past. It is already live in Hong Kong and Oslo.

Hopefully rolled out in all locations by Friday.

I'll show myself out for now, as this is not a thread about us.

• @edenten said:

@VirMach said: Do they do this in any particular automated manner, without a reboot?

Once hosthatch's VPS users use cpu 100% for a few minutes, their machines are automatically offline for ten minutes.

I don't think so. I have a black friday storage server with them that hits 100% cpu for around 10 minutes
    2-3 times a week. I've had no problem.

• @edenten said:

@ariq01 said: Can mod ban members who spread misinformation like this? this disrespectful

I haven't used it in a while. It may be a little off from my memory. You can see my reply later. It's true that high network speeds just disconnect.
    For the difference in information. I apologize.

If you're not sure of something, don't spread it. Not cool. You wrote that as fact not as something you're not sure of.

Thanked by (2)ariq01 pikachu
  • williewillie OG
    edited October 2022

I think there were some pretty stringent cpu restrictions in the past, but with stuff migrated to ryzen cpus these days, cpu is more plentiful. I have been in the habit of not running anything on virmach vps's that uses more than a few seconds of cpu at a time, but maybe I can relax a little about that now.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

@edenten said:

@foitin said: Then you shouldn't eat it. Just lower the bandwidth to 1/6 of current amount.No extra cost and better user experience for legit users. Win-win.Is this the reason you put 10G port on hold? Too many abusers?

I'm not sure how virmach thinks anymore.Suspended machines that I never used are.It's not clear if he just wants to suspended Tokyo users now or to handle abusers?
    Hope he will have more time to think and solve the existing problems.

No. Go spread misinformation elsewhere. :p

edited October 2022

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

This is a valid point but there are definitely use cases that are able to use all the bandwidth and not cause problems. Also, the reason bandwidth is so high is because we basically kept it the same, even for Tokyo, and the reason why others in the same DC and probably same network give 6x less is because bandwidth there is insanely expensive probably to the tune of 6x and we just decided to eat the cost there, so yes it encourages some bad behavior.

Then you shouldn't eat it. Just lower the bandwidth to 1/6 of current amount.
    No extra cost and better user experience for legit users. Win-win.
    Is this the reason you put 10G port on hold? Too many abusers?

If you're asking we just raise prices on everyone, we're not going to do that. If you're saying anything else then it'd require time travel.

10G port was going to be sent with next storage node. Next storage node didn't get sent so it also got inadvertently delayed.

@willie said:
    I think there were some pretty stringent cpu restrictions in the past, but with stuff migrated to ryzen cpus these days, cpu is more plentiful. I have been in the habit of not running anything on virmach vps's that uses more than a few seconds of cpu at a time, but maybe I can relax a little about that now.

Yeah normal users shouldn't be afraid of anything and if it gets flagged incorrectly we'll know, it ends up being obvious.

@hosthatch said:

@lemoncube said:

@hosthatch said: No. Go spread misinformation elsewhere.

Surprised to see you here. Can I ask if ipv6 at tokyo location stopped working for everyone or just me?

We're deploying a completely new way to handle IPv6, which is 100% reliable (at least as much as our IPv4 deployment in our testing). So fingers crossed that all of these IPv6 issues will be in the past. It is already live in Hong Kong and Oslo.

Hopefully rolled out in all locations by Friday.

I'll show myself out for now, as this is not a thread about us.

You can stick around, I don't mind sharing.

@codelock said:
    Laxa014 still offline 😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• @VirMach said: No. Go spread misinformation elsewhere.

I was trying to give you some advice from memory, even though I misremembered it.
    Also what I said about the timing of the Tokyo migration option is true and you keep avoiding answering me.
    Two things and you're mixing them up.

• @VirMach said: potential Tokyo forced migration, no point in wasting your money.

Just because there is an informational problem with my suggestion does not mean you are not spreading misinformation.Or is it just that you are not responsible for this because you are the hoster.
    But I don't mean to blame you, you probably just forgot the date.
    So I would like you to check again.

@infplus suspension report:

• 156 accounts directly linked to one suspension appeal on an account with clear case of abuse
    • 60-70 of them have been handled so far
    • 17 of them were previous flagged for taking advantage of bugs in our system or flash deal sniping
    • 7 were previously specifically noted as "infplus" as in he made a really bad suspension appeal
    • ~12 were already suspended for IO/CPU or other abuse (don't have them open for exact count, sorry)
    • 6 previously flagged as "problematic" which could be abusive, multi-account, or other issue

So it seems like 65% of them were already "caught" in some way, and we'll look more thoroughly into the other 35% but honestly it's obviously very obvious for most the rest. About 18 have recently changed emails multiple times per account on top of everything else. At least 8 have very obvious automated account creation naming scheme (older ones it seems?) I'd say there's like 2 or 3 of them out of 60-70 where it doesn't immediately look shady ) and keep in mind all of these are also directly linked to infplus, I'm just saying as a secondary shady thing going on.)

Doing the other half or so now.

edited October 2022

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: No. Go spread misinformation elsewhere.

I was trying to give you some advice from memory, even though I misremembered it.
    Also what I said about the timing of the Tokyo migration option is true and you keep avoiding answering me.
    Two things and you're mixing them up.

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: potential Tokyo forced migration, no point in wasting your money.

Just because there is an informational problem with my suggestion does not mean you are not spreading misinformation.Or is it just that you are not responsible for this because you are the hoster.
    But I don't mean to blame you, you probably just forgot the date.
    So I would like you to check again.

You're really going to have to quote the original message of what I said so I can answer you properly. I just jokingly replied misinformation copy/paste from what Hosthatch said, it doesn't mean I want to avoid talking about it, just that I have no idea what you're saying.

It's not clear if he just wants to suspended Tokyo users now or to handle abusers?

But this part is simply not true. Obviously when the most abusive people that have a hundred accounts and forcing them into Tokyo, or people on Loc like Tokyo the most, and Tokyo has the highest level of account trading, then it will appear as if Toyko is getting suspended more. Come on now...

Especially when the initial 13 accounts were involved in that.

• @VirMach said: @edenten said:

« hide previous quotes

@VirMach said: Right now I just caught a guy that migrated to Tokyo, it broke since Toyko was full, he made a ticket about it and it matches a bunch of accounts so they're all getting handled.

I checked it out. It was probably my account. I requested to migrate to Japan in July.But it has not been migrated.I didn't bother you because you've been busy.Until recently you had more time to deal with the problem. I replied to the ticket.

Tickets#393961

Tickets#260728

I think I have a lot of the problems you think I have. But I'm sure I'm not abusing it.

Let me know if you want $25 fee to look into it further but if that was you it sounds like it's already been checked and proven as multi-account as well as potential Tokyo forced migration, no point in wasting your money.

@edenten said: I can be sure that I have no Tokyo forced relocation.I requested it through your migration button.Unless you have never added Tokyo to the migration.You can look at my dates. Is it the same as what you have set?

As for multiple accounts, I'm not really sure of your criteria.If it's because of the ip, I admit I'm using a vpn.If it's a problem with my profile. Like you said, I'm in China and it's hard for me to prove it to you.

As for the abuse that you say you are most concerned about, I am also sure that I do not abuse it, or even that I basically do not use it.

My suggestion is to handle the abusers.But you immediately gave me the death penalty.I'm sure I'll have the other problems you think I'll have.As long as you think.

I requested Tokyo migration very early.I recently logged into my account and found that the migration was not successful, so I replied to the ticket.After some time I logged in and found that you had suspended the VPS.
    I've been les to reply to posts before as well.Then I saw you bragging about catching a Tokyo forced relocation.I asked if it was me.
    I requested it through your Tokyo Migration button aboveboard.Not a forced migration.

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: @edenten said:

« hide previous quotes

@VirMach said: Right now I just caught a guy that migrated to Tokyo, it broke since Toyko was full, he made a ticket about it and it matches a bunch of accounts so they're all getting handled.

I checked it out. It was probably my account. I requested to migrate to Japan in July.But it has not been migrated.I didn't bother you because you've been busy.Until recently you had more time to deal with the problem. I replied to the ticket.

Tickets#393961

Tickets#260728

I think I have a lot of the problems you think I have. But I'm sure I'm not abusing it.

Let me know if you want $25 fee to look into it further but if that was you it sounds like it's already been checked and proven as multi-account as well as potential Tokyo forced migration, no point in wasting your money.

@edenten said: I can be sure that I have no Tokyo forced relocation.I requested it through your migration button.Unless you have never added Tokyo to the migration.You can look at my dates. Is it the same as what you have set?

As for multiple accounts, I'm not really sure of your criteria.If it's because of the ip, I admit I'm using a vpn.If it's a problem with my profile. Like you said, I'm in China and it's hard for me to prove it to you.

As for the abuse that you say you are most concerned about, I am also sure that I do not abuse it, or even that I basically do not use it.

My suggestion is to handle the abusers.But you immediately gave me the death penalty.I'm sure I'll have the other problems you think I'll have.As long as you think.

I requested Tokyo migration very early.I recently logged into my account and found that the migration was not successful, so I replied to the ticket.After some time I logged in and found that you had suspended the VPS.
    I've been les to reply to posts before as well.Then I saw you bragging about catching a Tokyo forced relocation.I asked if it was me.
    I requested it through your Tokyo Migration button aboveboard.Not a forced migration.

I don't know if that was you if it migrated in July. The one I checked moved around 9/16-9/18.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said: I don't know if that was you if it migrated in July. The one I checked moved around 9/16-9/18.

No migration was successful.I asked you and you said I was a potential Tokyo forced migration.I requested it on 7.25 and 8.04.It now shows Awaiting Requests.And you suspended my VPS.
    So I was hoping you could help check it out again.

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: I don't know if that was you if it migrated in July. The one I checked moved around 9/16-9/18.

No migration was successful.I asked you and you said I was a potential Tokyo forced migration.I requested it on 7.25 and 8.04.It now shows Awaiting Requests.And you suspended my VPS.
    So I was hoping you could help check it out again.

It's unrelated to that specific thing I said now that I know you said you did it in July.

This discussion has been closed.